Application SummaryEDI Rules Creator Studio is a graphical based tool that enables developers to quickly create EDI rules. It can be used to create X12 and EDIFACT rules.
Create stringent rules that other validators don’t even support
What are EDI Rules?
EDI rule files enables you to check whether your EDI file has the correct structure and values. They enable the EDIValidator component to:
- Verify correct loop, segment and element structure
- Verify that data elements have correct formats and values
- Verify that loops, segments, elements are used properly
- Output correct error and warning messages
- Load EDI data into a structure that can then be used to get the data
A general X12 EDI specifications contains loops, segments, elements, composite elements, element codes lists, accepted element data patterns (Formats) etc. EDI Rules Creator Studio uses these same terminologies when creating rule files.
- Easily view, modify and create EDI rule files
- Add required loops, segments, elements, and composite elements with the click of a button
- Create a segment ONCE and use it over and over again with Template Segments
- Add code lists (both external and internal) for better file validation. For example (states, zip code, CPT, ICD, NDC codes, etc)
- Specify patterns that element data must conform to using Regular Expressions
- Add values that data elements at specific positions must have
- Add element data types, minimum and maximum values
- Add required, situational or dependent loops and segments with customizable rules
- Create custom data types
- PLUS MUCH MORE!
EDI Rules Structure
Easily add Loops, Segment and Elements
Complete control of segments with just a right click
Add Segment with Usages, Accepted Values and Formats
Create Simple and Complex Validation Rules
Add, edit and configure Internal and External Code Lists used in validation of Element data
Test EDI rules to make sure they are working
A list of pre-created EDI Rules file can be found here. Our technical support specialists are always there to help you if you have any questions.
HIPAA EDI Implementation Guides can be purchased at www.wpc-edi.com
EDI Rules Creator Studio is included with RDPCrystal EDI Library