Component SummaryThe EDI Document Viewer is a high performance, low memory UI component that displays EDI data in a hierarchical fashion. It supports both large and small EDI files while not sacrificing performance, speed or memory. Data is loaded and unloaded on demand so memory footprint remains low.
- View entire EDI data in a hierarchical tree
- Low memory footprint, only nodes that are in view are loaded
- On demand loading, unloading of loops and segments
- Loops, segments and elements are color coded for easy viewing
- Raises a NodeSelected event for custom coding
- Supports repeating elements as well as repeating composite elements
- Support EDIDocument and EDILightweightDocument object types
- Supports both large and small EDI files
Drill down into EDI data with the click of a button. This is perfect for either viewing new EDI documents or viewing validated data. Loop, segment and element nodes are easily distinguishable from each other. Data element values as are displayed in brackets as well. An event is also raised when an EDI node is selected.
The EDIDocumentViewer component has so far been test on 128MB size EDI files. Performance did not decrease at all and user interaction was snappy with no noticeable lag.
EDIDocument sampleEDIFile = new EDIDocument("C:\\EDIDoc.txt");
// Create your EDI documents loops, segments an elements here
// Load the data into the EDIDocumentViewer.
The EDIDocumentViewer is included in RDPCrystal EDI Library